Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Change

A few years back, the rallying cry went out: If you want to become a writer, you need to BlogFacebookTwitter. (And yes, usually as one word.) And I, with thousands of other aspiring fiction writers, dove into blogging and social media. But I've discovered blogging, in particular, to be a bit of a pyramid scheme. The first ones to blog blazed trails, and people followed them in droves. Those later to the game garnered a few followers, mostly people we, in turn, followed.

And at the bottom of the pyramid, very few blog posts get much exposure. I won't say I regret creating this blog. I basically taught myself to write while blogging. Now I feel my time and energy are best spent writing and editing, not talking about writing and editing. (That's the nice way of saying that most blogs aren't being read, so why bother?)

So this blog has been mostly suspended. You can still read all my ramblings and grumblings as I was trying to find my way in the writing world.

If I discover things I really want to say, perhaps I'll come back and add to this blog.

In the meantime, you can find me elsewhere online:

I still blog on Inkwell Inspirations, a team blog of 12 writers. I tweet once in a blue moon. But I'm most active on Facebook, where I respond to most friend requests on my personal page, or you can like Beverly Allen's (my pseudonym) page, or my novella page.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete