Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Google as Evidence?

I was watching a story on the Casey Anthony case. If you need a brief recap, she's on trial for killing her young daughter, a case featured by Nancy Grace.

But some new evidence introduced at trial was her Google records, where she searched for neck breaking, internal injuries, how to make chloroform, and a few other heinous topics--several months before the child went missing.

Which makes me think, as a mystery writer, I'd be in serious trouble should anyone I know be murdered. Poisoned? I have a least one book on the subject. Shot? I have bookmarked a few sites on weapons. Bomb? Yep, Googled explosives. And I've read more than my share of online autopsy reports.

What could police learn from your Google records?

Stay safe, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment