Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Barbara Early...in the news

While puttering around on the internet, trying to build a web presence prior to the publication of my first book, I set up a Google alert for my name.

If you're not familiar with the term, a Google alert will allow you to enter a search term, and Google will email you a new occurrence of that search term. Not that I'm paranoid people are talking about me. I actually hope someday maybe someone will mention me in passing. In my wildest dreams the comment is even favorable.

Well, I got my first Google alert: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/paltrow-304976-friday-glee.html?pic=1

"Giada de Laurentiis will be cooking for Britian's Prince William and his new wife, Kate, when the couple visits Santa Barbara early next month for a polo tournament."

While Giada is lovely, Will and Kate's visit took me entirely by surprise. Since I don't want to disappoint the royal newlyweds, I must buy a new outfit and a hat. And probably a horse.

My sainthood? Was there ever any doubt? ;)

Oh, and Giada--I'm sensitive to onions and garlic and everything in the allium family. Looking forward to it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be quite popular in Orange County.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you asked - that's the way it works doesn't it. Very funny!
    I look forward to hearing what else you come up with!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect I'll get a few alerts like this. Might as well have some fun with it!

    ReplyDelete