Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Yes, I was recently tagged in that insidious Facebook prompt to write 25 things about myself, and pass it on to 20 friends--or however that goes. So here we go.

1. I don't feel bound by email and tags that ask me to forward things. I might just pass it one to a few people. The chain stops with me, and if that means I'll have seven years bad luck, or get warts or something, so be it.

2. When I was little, I bore an uncanny resemblance to Shirley Temple.

3. I tried to fly...once.

4. I used to want to own a restaurant when I grew up.

5. To me, lobster tastes like I'd imagine eraser would. Sweet potatoes make me gag.

6. I never button my coat or wear a scarf.

7. I have a half-sister I never met. I saw her on a milk carton.

8. When I was pregnant, I craved white rice and corn muffins.

9. I have a degree in electrical engineering that I never used.

10. I homeschooled my daughter from third grade all the way through high school.

11. I can't go into a store without buying a book.

12. My TV crushes are/were Simon Templer, Spock, Remington Steele, and Monk.

13. I once saw Liberace in the Buffalo airport.

14. I've written several hymns.

15. My beverage of choice is a 50/50 mix of cranberry juice and ginger ale.

16. I have a nasty Scrabble habit.

17. As a teen, I accidentally sneezed soup out my nose at a missionary.

18. I think the best way to eat Oreos is to dunk them in milk, then stick them in the freezer for five to ten minutes. Use a fork.

20. I clean my house while wearing my pajamas.

21. When I was a child I asked for a cat. They told me I could have a pet tree instead. I fell for it. My pet maple lived to be about 15 before it got some spotted disease and died. I cried. I still get attached to trees.

22. I sleep best when the temperature in the room is below sixty degrees.

23. Lee Goldberg once commented on my blog and said I must be as big a television junkie as he was. I took it as a compliment.

24. I've tried to skeletonize a hamster. Please don't try this at home.

25. I once waded in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans during the same month.

1 comment:

  1. You've been selected as having one of the Best Random Things on the Web on your list. No kidding.

    Come to BestRandomThings.com to see your Thing and many others.

    Thingmeister Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete