Yes, I was recently tagged in that insidious Facebook prompt to write 25 things about myself, and pass it on to 20 friends--or however that goes. So here we go.
1. I don't feel bound by email and tags that ask me to forward things. I might just pass it one to a few people. The chain stops with me, and if that means I'll have seven years bad luck, or get warts or something, so be it.
2. When I was little, I bore an uncanny resemblance to Shirley Temple.
3. I tried to fly...once.
4. I used to want to own a restaurant when I grew up.
5. To me, lobster tastes like I'd imagine eraser would. Sweet potatoes make me gag.
6. I never button my coat or wear a scarf.
7. I have a half-sister I never met. I saw her on a milk carton.
8. When I was pregnant, I craved white rice and corn muffins.
9. I have a degree in electrical engineering that I never used.
10. I homeschooled my daughter from third grade all the way through high school.
11. I can't go into a store without buying a book.
12. My TV crushes are/were Simon Templer, Spock, Remington Steele, and Monk.
13. I once saw Liberace in the Buffalo airport.
14. I've written several hymns.
15. My beverage of choice is a 50/50 mix of cranberry juice and ginger ale.
16. I have a nasty Scrabble habit.
17. As a teen, I accidentally sneezed soup out my nose at a missionary.
18. I think the best way to eat Oreos is to dunk them in milk, then stick them in the freezer for five to ten minutes. Use a fork.
20. I clean my house while wearing my pajamas.
21. When I was a child I asked for a cat. They told me I could have a pet tree instead. I fell for it. My pet maple lived to be about 15 before it got some spotted disease and died. I cried. I still get attached to trees.
22. I sleep best when the temperature in the room is below sixty degrees.
23. Lee Goldberg once commented on my blog and said I must be as big a television junkie as he was. I took it as a compliment.
24. I've tried to skeletonize a hamster. Please don't try this at home.
25. I once waded in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans during the same month.